I work with individuals and organizations to develop concise, honest communications strategies and materials.
My main focus? Helping you discover, strengthen, and share your unique voice and vision. Whether you work in person, online, or on good old-fashioned paper, together we’ll develop language and strategies to get you out there showering your brilliance on the world.
- Embarking on a new business venture? From branding strategies to web copy to press releases, I’ll help you find the words that bring people running.
- Starting a marketing campaign? Alright, let’s sell some stuff. Or services. Or people. Whatever you’re selling, we’ll make sure they’re buying.
- Applying for a job? I’ll compliment you effusively on all your best qualities, then help you learn how to tell other people about how great you are.
- Giving a speech? I can help you craft a pitch-perfect talk — and coach you through preparing to deliver it, vocally and mentally.
- Doing so much research your eyes are starting to cross? With both quantitative and qualitative research experience, I’m your gal. I sincerely love to read long reports and academic papers, and tell you which parts are actually relevant to your project.
How about some examples, Rita?
Shop Local Taos
I wrote and voiced this Shop Local Taos campaign video, designed for the 2015 holiday season and shot by my partners at Gizmo Productions. Many local merchants reported that 2015 was one of their best holiday shopping seasons in recent memory; of course, we don’t take all the credit for that, but I know I’d buy whatever Ellie Rose was selling me.
Affordable Care Act Educational Brochures
In 2011, the Southwest Rural Policy Network set out to help individuals in rural communities in Arizona and New Mexico prepare for the roll out of the Affordable Care Act. I wrote the copy and oversaw distribution of the materials for the initiative.
These accordion-fold glossy brochures were placed in community health centers, schools, FQHCs, hospitals, and other care-access points for folks around the region. At the time there were hardly any easy-to-understand print resource guides about the major changes to our national healthcare system; these materials were intended to help individuals access and navigate the increasingly complex American healthcare system.
Want to work together?
Let me take your communications to the next level. I work on a sliding rate scale, and design strategies tailored to each client’s specific needs. Email me, firstname.lastname@example.org, with a description of what you’re working on and how I can help, and I’ll send you a proposal.